What to Bring
Bayshore Retreat has a very casual environment. We recommend that you bring the following clothes and supplies. It’s also suggest that when you are packing, you include personal items from home (family pictures etc) to make your living area familiar and more comfortable.
- Casual clothes (t-shirts, sport shirts, shorts, jeans, jacket or sweaters – seasonal clothing)
- Gym/workout clothes
- Tennis shoes, shower slides (flip flops)
- Swimsuits for sauna – no thongs, please (2 or 3)
- Appropriate underwear
- Eyeglasses/Contact lenses & accessories
- Cosmetics for personal hygiene (shampoo, soap & razors)
- Ipod or personal MP3 device with headphones
- Cell phone and laptop (available for use with counselor’s approval during personal time)
- Alarms clocks
- Personal reading material, crosswords or puzzles
- Paper, envelopes, cards & stamps
- Insurance and prescription cards
- State issued picture i.d., driver’s license or passport
- All prescribed medications (in original bottles)
- Vital contact information for your primary care physician, attorney and other key individuals
- One (1) credit or debit card or cash for personal expense account
- Cigarettes (if you smoke) or smokeless tobacco
Remember, we’re a home with a washer and dryer at your convenience… so bring enough for a week or two, not 30 days. You’ll be able to do laundry as needed. Likewise, we have really good shopping in the area, should you forget something.
In order to get the best results out of the program, the following items are forbidden to bring:
- Valuables (including jewelry)
- Pornographic items or materials
- Over the counter drugs-bring only medication prescribed by your doctor
- Aspirin, Tylenol or any type of pain reliever
- Mouthwash or other products containing alcohol
- Automobiles (cars or trucks), motorcycles or scooters
- Bedding and towels
- Provocative clothing (including but not limited to short shorts, low cut tops, heels or dressy clothing and shoes)
- Clothing or other items that promote sex or other possible offensive messages on them
Please don’t drive your vehicle to the center unless loved ones are with you to drive the vehicle back. No client vehicles are allowed at or around the center. We suggest that you either ride with someone to the center or fly into one of the areas airports and we’ll pick you up.
If you have any questions concerning what to bring or anything that might relate to your stay at Bayshore, please don’t hesitate to call 850-687-6831 anytime. We’ll be happy to help with any questions.