Bayshore Retreat is a in-patient, residential drug and alcohol treatment facility licensed by the Florida Department of Children and Families Services. Not only has Bayshore met the stringent guidelines of this department, it regularly passes numerous health and safety inspections, receiving high marks in all.
Our 3 to 1 ratio of staff to clients, proves CARE is number 1.
Bayshore Retreat’s staff has many years in dealing with drug and alcohol addiction and the issues that accompany it. Their experience stems from personal, some having dealt with addictions personally and/or with family members. It’s also from having worked in numerous other rehab centers and seeing what was ‘good’ and ‘not good’. The program at Bayshore Retreat combines the best elements from these experiences in a effort to provide a ‘one stop’ – ‘one to one’ program that will work for each individual. A real chance for recovery and a lesser chance of relapse in an atmosphere that’s caring and comfortable.
- Our Medical Director is Dr. Steven Donchey will do the initial physical upon admittance to Bayshore. He then evaluates the blood test results and works with staff and clients to ensure they receive the appropriate medical treatment to promote physical and mental wellness. He is on-call 24 hours a day to assist with any medically related questions. Dr. Donchey specializes in internal medicine which includes disease prevention, wellness, substance abuse, mental health, emergency internal medicine and critical care. In addition, to being a sports and fitness enthusiast, he has 23 years of practicing medicine from orthopedic surgery, to fracture care, to sports medicine injuries, to arthritis and hospice care.
- Our Clinical Director is Stephanie Butler. Stephanie is on site daily for individual and group counseling, as well as dealing with issues or questions that might arise unexpectedly. Her experience and insight helps clients discover the underlying issues that contributed to the addiction, as well as those that will be faced when the client leaves. Stephanie has her Master’s degree in Clinical Counseling as well as an Education Specialist degree from Florida State University. In addition to being licensed by the state of Florida, she is nationally certified by the National Board of Certified Counselors and is an Anger Management Specialist. Her experience is broad and includes work in a residential treatment facilities for patients with eating disorders, substance abuse for adolescents, trauma, domestic violence and abuse issues. Stephanie’s positive regard for others, strong relationship skills and insight contribute to the superb standard of care at Bayshore.
- Consulting Psychiatrist, Dr. Eric Goldberg facilitates a weekly group with clients as well as see some individually at his local office, as needed. Since not everyone requires individual sessions with Dr. Goldberg, these are at a separate cost for those who do.
PEER COUNSELING AND BEYOND
- An important part of our program involves “Life Skills” which is coached by Jacob Gagne. Jacob has his bachelor’s degree in psychology and a minor in military services which makes him the perfect person to direct and coach Life Skills at Bayshore Retreat. This area of counseling consists of eight different areas of work – Self Evaluation, Irrational Thinking, Relationships, Communication, Money and Career Management, Anger Control, Self Development, and Relapse Prevention. It’s also the key to finding the reasons for the addiction and how to best deal with those reasons. Jacob’s time with clients can open doors that might have been closed for years or for some, never explored.
BEYOND THE NORM
- Group facilitators offer different approaches. Bayshore Retreat doesn’t preach or push – unlike most rehabs that only offer a Christian based or 12 step methodology as their program we have several counselors who facilitate our group sessions, each with extensive counseling background, among those are:
- Gary Virgin, MSW (Master’s in Social Work), has a spiritual direction with his counsels, as well as how this links with cognitive behavior, Susan Shelton is a LMHC with a speciality in addiction counseling, as well as guest counselors. And of course Stephanie through her day to day interaction with clients, individual sessions and awareness add to the needed topics for Group Discussions without focusing on any particular person or style of treatment.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Teri (Hefner) Harnett is our Registered Dietitian and Yoga Instructor. She assists in developing proper eating habits, as well as teaching yoga for all skill levels weekly, this is aside from having her own Yoga Studio. She comes to Bayshore Retreat because of the passion she finds there.
- A weekly deep tissue Massage is eagerly awaited by each client. Laura Tyree, Licensed Massage Therapist and owner of Urban Oasis, makes a special visit to Bayshore Retreat for our clients each week. While this may seem like a luxury, it’s actually just another way of helping the body recover from the damages of drugs and/or alcohol addiction.
OPERATIONS AND MANAGEMENT
- Our Chief of Operations and Sauna Specialist is Megan Deane. With over twelve of years experience in residential addiction treatment, she and Teri work together to provide a program to improve the body which in turn promotes a new physical and mental outlook. Her knowledge and experience in the values of exercise, the vitamins, and sauna treatment to cleanse the body guide and direct the health program at Bayshore Retreat. In addition to this, she also handles scheduling and managing the day to day needs of each client with his or her counselors. In essence Megan is the ‘little general’ who keeps things running smoothly.
- Our Facility Manager/Occasional Chef is Jeff Butler. He is the force behind Bayshore Retreat. It was his idea and his passion to “do it right” after having been to other drug treatment centers for treatment himself. Jeff’s experience comes from both sides… the world of addiction as well as trying to focus his many talents and knowledge of every aspect of the business. He can be everywhere, from meeting a new client arriving at midnight or driving them to Bayshore from Birmingham, Houston, Atlanta, etc. On any given Sunday he might be in the kitchen preparing a meal from top ranked restaurants and menus. His experience at these 5 star restaurants and working as a tour caterer with Dave Mathews or venue chef for a multitude of major bands and entertainers simply means his menus are diverse, varied and always from fresh, not frozen food. His motto is “the freezer is for ice cream and popcicles”. He’s the ‘heart’ of Bayshore Retreat.
- Our Chef, Mark Willis, completes the daily meal planning and preparation. His vast experience stem from his culinary training and degree from Louisiana Tech in Shreveport, Louisiana and having served as Executive Chef at Basmati’s Asian and Sushi Restaurant in Destin for the past five years. Additionally, he helped open Compass Rose Grill in Valparaiso, Florida. Finally and equally important are his daily supermarket trips to ensure clients receive the freshest meals that also meet their dietary needs and desires.
- In addition, our support staff is Crystal, Ashley, Gloria, Catherine, Sims and Steve who are there for our clients with 24-7 care from admissions, to managing the sauna therapy, excursions, and other activities daily.
- Finally, there’s Judy… the mother, the one who answers the calls 24/7. She’ll be the first to tell you there’s still a lot about certain drugs and addiction that she doesn’t know. But you can be assured she will find the answer from Jeff, Megan, Stephanie or any of the countless Bayshore resources.
We take the fear out of rehab. Help is only a phone call away…. Call 850-687-6831 today or email email@example.com.